From Prohibitionist to Profiteer
Here is just a partial list of former politicians, high ranking police department members and former civil servants who are now profiting from cannabis. One wonders how so many people who formerly embraced prohibition and worked to imprison cannabis users, can suddenly flip.
Oh yeah, never mind. Money does that.
Chuck Rifici, is currently the CFO of the Liberal Party of Canada.
* founder and former CEO of Tweed
Mark Zekulin, CEO of Tweed
- former senior adviser to former Ontario finance minister Dwight Duncan
Norman Inkster, Independent Director at Mettrum
- former head of the RCMP
Dr. Joshua Tepper, Independent Director at Mettrum
- formerly Assistant Deputy Minister at the Ministry of Health , Senior Medical Officer for Health Canada,
Tom Shipley, Director of Quality Assurance, Tweed
- formerly worked on toxicology research, while at Health Canada,
Mike Harcourt, Chairman of True Leaf Medicine Inc
- former B.C. Premier
Kash Heed, strategic consultant with National Green BioMed
- Former B.C. Solicitor General and former West Vancouver police chief
Herb Dhaliwal, Chairman, National Green BioMed
- former Vancouver MP and federal cabinet minister.
John Turner, medicinal marijuana applicant in Ontario (With Kash Heed)
- Former Prime Minister of Canada
Mr. Belot, Board of Directors for Aurora
- was a public servant in several ministries within the Ontario government
Brian Wagner, Company founder and CEO NHP Consulting (consults for prospective LP’s)
- Brian was invited to play a strong role in Health Canada’s Program Advisory Committee
Tim Humberstone, ABcann Director / Senior Person in Charge
- former twenty year member of the RCMP included roles in Municipal/Federal Drug Enforcement and with the Joint Forces Organized Crime Agency. Tim has also received extensive training by the RCMP in providing expert court opinion in the fields of cannabis trafficking and production techniques .
Ivan Vrana, founder of Aslan Ross Consulting / speaker mmpr summit
- Previously Mr. Vrána worked for the Federal Government for over 15 years. He worked at the Patented Medicine Prices Review Board, Finance Canada and in various senior policy positions at Health Canada. At Health Canada he was in charge of the team that developed the policy rationale which led to the implementation of the Marihuana for Medical Purposes Regulations.Mr. Vrána is also a regular Lecturer at both Carleton and Concordia universities and teaches a course that examines the internal communication tools governments use to development and implement public policy.
Sandy Pratt, Chief Financial Officer, Emerald Health
- Worked at Deloitte ( auditing firm involved in the senate scandal), Vice President of Business Development and Executive Financial Officer of the Royal British Columbia Museum, a Crown corporation.
Shane Morris, VP, Scientific Affairs and Stakeholder Relations Hydropothecary CEO (now Canadian Cannabis Corp.)
- Since 2000, Shane has been in a range of leadership roles within the Federal Government, from Treasury Board of Canada’s senior advisor (Cabinet Operations) on regulatory affairs to director of policy leadership and Reporting for Resources Canada’s major projects management office.
George Smitherman, THC BioMed, former Ontario Liberal deputy premier
- more than 30 years to public policy fields at the Municipal, Provincial and Federal Level, where roles as Senior Advisor, Minister of Energy and Infrastructure and Ontario’s Minister of Health were held
Jake Ryan,Director of Security: Tilray
- former RCMP Intelligence Officer and federal criminal investigator overseeing all aspects of Tilray’s security protocols and operations.
Ernie Eves, Chairman, Timeless Herbal Care — a Jamaican medical marijuana company.
- former Progressive Conservative premier of Ontario
Kim Derry, a promoter of marijuana facility THC Meds Ontario Inc.
- deputy chief of the Toronto Police Service under Mr. Blair,
John Reynolds, advisor to Vodis Innovative Pharmaceuticals Inc
- former MP with the Progressive Conservative, Reform and Canadian Alliance parties
Senator Larry Campbell, advisor to Vodis Innovative Pharmaceuticals Inc.
- former Royal Canadian Mounted Police officer and Vancouver mayor. And sitting Senator…
Barry Daniel, Wildflower’s head of security
- Former Abbotsford police chief.
Cam Battley, Aurora Senior Vice President, Communications and Medical Affairs
- Former Legislative Assistant to the Canadian Minister of Consumer and Corporate Affairs, where he was responsible for developing legislation and steering it through the House of Commons, as well as negotiating with Opposition parties and stakeholder groups.
Julian Fantino, Aleafia, executive chair
Former Toronto police chief and Conservative cabinet minister and a staunch opponent of cannabis as late as the fall of 2016. Once compared legalizing ‘marihuana’ to legalizing murder.
Raf Souccar, Aleafia, CEO
Former RCMP deputy-commisioner
Disclaimer: This list was partially compiled several years ago and, although believed to be accurate, has not be recently verified